Harbor Freight bench sharpner review now with pics!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just called them and asked where to get the coupon and they just sold the grinder the newer red model for the sale price of $29.

Huntindog1 said:
I just called them and asked where to get the coupon and they just sold the grinder the newer red model for the sale price of $29.

But that was last months sale not this months.

I purchased it for $29 without a coupon but did purchase a year warranty for $5. You don't always need a coupon for the $29 deal.

jlightning said:
I purchased it for $29 without a coupon but did purchase a year warranty for $5. You don't always need a coupon for the $29 deal.

That is true, the store sales and online sales will rotate to the same thing as a coupon sale every few months, but last month the store sale was $39.99, so i cut my "special subscriber" coupon off the January flyer that made it $29.99.

I just received my weekly email flyer from HF....it's on sale for $29.99 and a limit of 3 :) Time to make a trip to the store...........

This one is good till march 4th.

Attachments

• 87543.jpg
    87543.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 391
wetwood said:
This one is good till march 4th.

Thanks for the coupon wetwood. I just placed an order for one including one year replacement warranty. Looking forward to not having to sharpen strictly with hand files every time.

Well, I picked one up and used it yesterday. I guess you get what you pay for as I'm not real impressed with it or I'm just not using it correctly. I used a recently shop sharpened Stihl .325 oilomatic chain to set up the angle. Then took a same type chain that needed work and adjusted the depth. Can't seem to get the entire cutting edge to make contact. After sharpening by hand using a file the teeth have a much cleaner looking surface than the grinder gives me. I have tried a couple of angles but just can't seem to get good results.

muncybob said:
Well, I picked one up and used it yesterday. I guess you get what you pay for as I'm not real impressed with it or I'm just not using it correctly. I used a recently shop sharpened Stihl .325 oilomatic chain to set up the angle. Then took a same type chain that needed work and adjusted the depth. Can't seem to get the entire cutting edge to make contact. After sharpening by hand using a file the teeth have a much cleaner looking surface than the grinder gives me. I have tried a couple of angles but just can't seem to get good results.

Do you have the right sized wheel for your chain?

You know, after I posted that same thought/question popped into my head. I'll have to look and see but I suspect it's not.

Damnit, missed the sale!

well dang it i already ordered it last weekend!!! paid full price -5% and i had a 10$ gift card. 29.99$ sounds allot better!

Status
Not open for further replies.