Harbor Freight fan speed controller

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mellow

Resident Stove Connoisseur
Jan 19, 2008
Salisbury, MD
I stopped by Harbor Freight and picked up their Router Speed Control last week then had to wait for cold weather to return before using it, I have been able to use it for the past few days and it works perfect on my Appalachian. The Appalachian only has the ability to do low,medium or high fan speeds and you can't turn off the fan without unplugging it once the temps are high enough to click the snap disk on it.

It is great to be able to turn off the fan now during reloads and turn it down to barely nothing while getting reloads going, while watching TV we can keep the fan at a lower speed than before so the noise is less noticed, of course we have a separate digital temp gauge on the insert with a high temp. alarm in case we forget to increase the speed of the fan, I wouldn't use this without that.

For $20.00 it is well worth it, with it doing up to 15 amps I can use it for other stuff during the off season as well.

image_18028.jpg

http://www.harborfreight.com/router-speed-control-43060.html

thCAUCYP64.jpg Make one of these up using switch plug a electrical box and pig tail or extension cord for on and off. plug control in to switched out let.

Great tip....I hooked one up on my Buck 91
Huh..the Buck 91 I had at my MIL's, a 2008 I think, already had variable speed blower and on/off. Did you just want a lower "low?"

Huh..the Buck 91 I had at my MIL's, a 2008 I think, already had variable speed blower and on/off. Did you just want a lower "low?"

Sorry Woody, I haven’t been on in a few days.
Yes, I wanted a lower low. The low was a little loud for tv watching but this makes it perfect for tv and moving air also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk