Harbor Freight Haul Master trailers? (Post a pic of your wood trailer!)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The goofy thing with trailers is they seem to hold their value at a certain point.

I bought one of those Chinese-made trailers - used. 4x6 w/ plywood floors and plank sides for $250. It did everything I asked of it. I'd have to say it paid for itself many times over when I figure delivery fees for landscaping materials etc.

After almost 10 years of trouble free service my trailering needs grew so I bought a 5x10. I sold the little 4x6 for $200 to the second person inquiring.

The others are correct, it will cost you some to build that trailer frame into something you need. And you might want to check with Craigslist for some better values.

I have an old M-100 Army trailer that I pull with my Land Rover Discovery. I figure between the two I can get about 1/3 cord per trip.
The trailer is only rated for 1000 lbs, but it will go anywhere truck can go, so its great for stuff that's down a logging road or back in the woods.

Attachments

• jeeptrailer1.jpeg
    jeeptrailer1.jpeg
    37.6 KB · Views: 792
That is a sweet trailer. Not the biggest, but definitely cool.

Here's my repurposed jet ski trailer, Found it on the bay of all places for local pickup only $50. Tires were dryrotted -nothing slime can't fix. Picked up a cull piece of PT plywood for the deck and some 2x4, 1x4, reused all the carriage bolts off the old loading rails and some I scrounged off a an equipment pallet. It's only 2 inches wider than the quad which is exactly what i needed for getting into the woods around my place. I cut the tongue so it tracks better on tight trails. The only other thing I may pick up is a couple pulloff atv tires/wheels the narrow tires tend get mired in some of the wet draws and i have to winch myself out.
I know this isn't in the class of woodhaulers posted above but its got a 700lb rating way more than quad is rated for.

Attachments

• IMG_trailer0001.jpg
    IMG_trailer0001.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 977
My F-250 with bed extensions are normally all I need. I thought about getting a trailer but the Mrs asked why the 2 horse trailer by the barn would not work....could not give an answer to that one! I'm still waiting for a "job" big enought to warrant hitching it up.

muncybob said:
My F-250 with bed extensions are normally all I need. I thought about getting a trailer but the Mrs asked why the 2 horse trailer by the barn would not work....could not give an answer to that one! I'm still waiting for a "job" big enought to warrant hitching it up.

I HATE it when they use logic to thwart a plan to get new stuff..........

I purchased a new trailer this year when I went to (midsize truck + trailer) combo instead of fullsize truck. Single axle rated at 3500, tires rated for more, but I had e-brakes installed on it so I'm good for more according to the manufacturer. My sons painted it for me ....

Attachments

• Trailer.jpg
    Trailer.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 662
muncybob said:

Easy, it doesn't dump! :lol:

Here's mine all loaded up

Attachments

• 2011-11-12_11-29-06_204.jpg
    2011-11-12_11-29-06_204.jpg
    354.7 KB · Views: 1,636
Status
Not open for further replies.