harman 300i help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Flue temp

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423171249078.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423171249078.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 121
Just to let you know what a difference the air setting makes on my stove, I reloaded an hour ago and after closing the bypass I left the air at 1/2, forgetting to shut it to 1/4. Stovetop now at 650f, flue at 400f, and AB at 800f... all 100f over my normal cruising mode. Imagine if I had left the stove at 3/4 air... the backside would be a dull red by now!

Just making sure. BTW, do you have a block off plate, or insulation in the damper area?

My whole stainless steel flue pipe is insulated and my external probe is under the insulation

Just thinking that maybe even in addition to a blower, a small floor fan blowing into the fireplace might help move a little heat off the flue when it's running really hot.

Na when I tested how hot the chimney clay lined flue was compared to the stainless steel flue it was only 100 degrees in their so the insulation does it.job pretty good

When I actually gota hold of someone at harman who knew anything they said in the 400s is normal I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.