Harman 52i, excellent decision

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fire451

Nov 27, 2014
ct
This stove is the best! it's 10 degrees below zero here this morning, house is still 71 degrees, and the oil burner never came on. I've heard it said many times that these stoves are only space heaters, but my 1300 square foot ranch is staying toasty warm within a degree or two throughout the entire house. the stove has far passed my expectations of it. feed rate 3, blower halfway, temperature set at 70, using room temperature mode.
I'm sure at some point with all the moving parts & electronics I'll be having an issue along the way, but for now this thing is working great:):)

My temperature points are the same, -10 below outside and 71 inside in a room adjacent to the stove and didn't need the oil burner for the main part of the house. My lovely bride likes the stove a lot in appearance as well as function. My wood stove would not have kept us this warm without help from oil heat.

Same results here but house is much larger 2600 sqft. Running stove temp on high at 5.5, feed rate 4. I fill the hopper twice a day 6 am and 6 pm. House is staying a comfortable 67 upstairs in farthest bedroom and 71 down stairs with family room around 75 (where stove is located). I was using temperature mode until this cold spell but find I use less pellets in stove mode and let it go. Once house gets up to temp the 52i just keeps it maintained at that level. Haven't heard the furnace kick on once in the past 4 days.

This stove is the best! it's 10 degrees below zero here this morning, house is still 71 degrees, and the oil burner never came on. I've heard it said many times that these stoves are only space heaters, but my 1300 square foot ranch is staying toasty warm within a degree or two throughout the entire house. the stove has far passed my expectations of it. feed rate 3, blower halfway, temperature set at 70, using room temperature mode.
I'm sure at some point with all the moving parts & electronics I'll be having an issue along the way, but for now this thing is working great:):)

Nope. Just keep things clean and I doubt you'll have any issues other than normal wear and tear replacement parts; and that should be quite a while from now (years).

Reactions: bags
Nope. Just keep things clean and I doubt you'll have any issues other than normal wear and tear replacement parts; and that should be quite a while from now (years).
I sure hope you're right, I do keep it clean.;)

I'm currently deciding between the 52i and the Quadrafire Basic 1200 ? Leaning toward the 52i because of the dual fans (pretty quite??) for better air movement to get heat to the rest of my house, the rails for cleaning, the mirror glass when not in use. Are there any other glaring features on the 52i that you all may be able to point out to verify this is the insert to go with ? What about a rough estimate on cost with or without install, I'm waiting on a quote now and was just curious what other folks have been getting them for? My thread explaining my process and details is located here if interested , thanks for any thoughts and recommendations.

I'm heating 1700sq ft and our p35i excels. we usually keep it around 77. I'd be afraid to upgrade to a p52i... that thing would cook us out of house.

I'm currently deciding between the 52i and the Quadrafire Basic 1200 ? Leaning toward the 52i because of the dual fans (pretty quite??) for better air movement to get heat to the rest of my house, the rails for cleaning, the mirror glass when not in use. Are there any other glaring features on the 52i that you all may be able to point out to verify this is the insert to go with ? What about a rough estimate on cost with or without install, I'm waiting on a quote now and was just curious what other folks have been getting them for? My thread explaining my process and details is located here if interested , thanks for any thoughts and recommendations.
Easier to clean than most stoves,you don't have to shut it down to scrape the pot,take out the ashes,fill the hopper or wipe down the glass.this was a major plus over other stoves.it will hold your set temp within 1 degree and believe me it does once you get your stove dialed in. It's a no fuss stove.i never owned a quad 1200 but I think the only thing it would have over the accentra is the price.

Easier to clean than most stoves,you don't have to shut it down to scrape the pot,take out the ashes,fill the hopper or wipe down the glass.this was a major plus over other stoves.it will hold your set temp within 1 degree and believe me it does once you get your stove dialed in. It's a no fuss stove.i never owned a quad 1200 but I think the only thing it would have over the accentra is the price.
So the Harman is higher in price typically over the quad 1200 ? Do having the dual fans make it a quiter unit compared to one higher cfm single fan ?
Thanks for the input on the cleaning advantages while the unit is on. How is the mirror glass when not in use ?

So the Harman is higher in price typically over the quad 1200 ? Do having the dual fans make it a quiter unit compared to one higher cfm single fan ?
Thanks for the input on the cleaning advantages while the unit is on. How is the mirror glass when not in use ?

Dual 134 cfm blowers but I wouldn't call that quiet. At lower fan speeds you will hear an annoying harmonic hum; this will lessen greatly once the unit is broken in (my experience). Overall, it's an awesome stove.

I'm heating 1700sq ft and our p35i excels. we usually keep it around 77. I'd be afraid to upgrade to a p52i... that thing would cook us out of house.
Same here p35i does the work when temps were -15 no problem keeping first floor 73 degrees

The mirror glass does what it's suppose to hide a dirty stove and looks nice when the stove is shut down.

The dual fans will make some noise,the motors are very quiet themselves but the rushing air coming out of the stove is the noise I hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.