Harman Accentra 2 Auger Removal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

nickster

Feb 22, 2014
new Hampshire
Hi everyone. I picked up a older used Accentra 2 that was made in 2006. By reading of the problems with this particular stove I think I may have paid too much but it's mine now. I haven't hooked it up yet as it appears to have been neglected. I understand they have a few common problems such as Gummy Stove and problems with the flame coming out where it shouldn't. Anyway I'd like to remove the auger and clean it and the tube it rides in and I can't seem to find any info as to how to do it. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ssyko
Not really. It's the actual auger I'd like to remove. I can't tell if I can remove the auger from the back after removing the motor or if the auger needs to be removed from the front burn pot area. Thanks for the reply

Yes, follow DAKSY's suggestion and search YouTube. There are lots of helpful videos for a variety of Harman models. You should also study this thread: https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/how-your-harman-works-what-your-manual-doesnt-tell-you.91030/

I pulled the auger for the first time prior to starting this season. It's easy if you're handy. It's removed from the back. I used a wire wheel on a drill and Simple Green to clean off all the creosote. I also had to clear the area where the pellets drop into the auger tube. It was clogged with pellet fines after 13 years of burning.

Jackman thanks. So if I remove the auger motor the auger can be removed from the back? Do I need to disassemble anything else? Thanks

My memory has never been good so I keep notes on stuff. This is what I have. It's not a detailed description but I hope it helps.

Attachments

• Auger_removal.pdf
    4.2 MB · Views: 259