Harman Accentra-2: Room Temp Setting Issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BHoff

Nov 1, 2019
Lake Stevens, WA
Utilized last season, as well as this season in new location in home (replaced old wood stove - feeds into brick chimney versus out through wall). Detailed/cleaned unit couple of months back and have typically used Room Temp, temp setting 70, auto igniter and feed limit 4; these setting worked in both locations. Lately it seems I have had to increase temp to 75 or more to get same results and turn feed limit up to 6 without getting close to enough pellets in burn pot; way less than the 1" guideline. Stove shuts off seemingly early and doesn't come on unless turning up temperature (even when room is cold); we have been in the mid-30's lately. Removed/tested the room temp probe (removed shrink sleeve over probe), using an ohmmeter, it seems the sensor wire is fine, visible resistance changes based upon temperature (not sure what the values should be though). No adjustments were made by company that relocated the pellet stove concerning draft settings. Flipped over to constant burn, temperature setting 3.5 to 4 and feed rate to 4 and it seems to be working like before. No error codes (flashing lights), wondering what I should check to possibly remedy. I have a new 3/8" door gasket to install (pellet dust around stove); any suggestions?

From the way you describe it my hunch is there's something about the room air circulation and the location of the room temp probe. I'd try moving the room temp probe to several different locations to see if that changes anything. I have mine located about 5' above the floor.

Last edited:
After speaking with my local dealer, I was made aware of a fines compartment that I somehow missed (wing nut should have gave it away); YouTube video easily shows the removable cover. That could be partly to blame for some fines around the stove and possible performance issues. I also see the internal ESP rod can be cleaned with alcohol and Emory cloth, so some deep cleaning is in order along with front door gasket replacement. I have and will again try some different placements of the external temp probe, as well, thanks for the suggestion. Want to avoid a $129 minimum service call for diagnostics off of board; technician mentioned it could be a bad board; but we shall see.