Harman Accentra 52i Stub pipe connection install ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

phil san

Jul 15, 2008
South Shore, MA
Finally broke down and purchased the Harman Insert. Connecting it to an existing 4" flex liner. From the dealer
and researching this forum, I have noted most insert the flex INTO the stove stub, silicone and secure with screws. I personally feel the flex should go over the sub eliminating any potential leak.
The manual states The unit comes standard with a 4” pipe stub. • Part #1-00-574034 is for use with 4” PL vent starter pipe and 4” stainless steel flex pipe (Part #1-00-574034).

Is there any specific adapter to couple the stub to flex or even if I had to place a rigid pipe adapter on the stub
and add a short pipe to flex adapter?

If I recall, there is a seat/flange/lip on the insert frame exhaust stub that makes the id smaller than 4". I too was questioning this, but once I saw the actual shape and size of the arrangement, I was satisfied. FWIW, I had one power outage with the pellet stove running and had zero issues with leakage/smoke. I wouldn't sweat it. Good luck, mine has been great!

If I recall, there is a seat/flange/lip on the insert frame exhaust stub that makes the id smaller than 4". I too was questioning this, but once I saw the actual shape and size of the arrangement, I was satisfied. FWIW, I had one power outage with the pellet stove running and had zero issues with leakage/smoke. I wouldn't sweat it. Good luck, mine has been great!
Thanks - 1 reply out of 50+ views! I,m sure securing the flex into the pipe stub and silicone sealing will be fine.
Just surprised can not find on line a stub to flex adapter that fits the 52i. There was one for the older stove when it had a 3" vent.
Be interested to see if anyone connects Duravent PVP pipe to the unit and what parts were used.

Hey thanks! Will finish my install today. Piece of cake and no issues. Connected the SS 4" vent liner to 25" exterior brick chimney as most everyone else did into the tube, screwed and RTV silicone. No where could I find an appliance adapter to flex liner that would fit. Installed OAK 3"
through existing hole I had bored through the chimney for a previous install.
Because it is an exterior chimney besides the block off plate and roxul, I'm installing 20170820_140745238_iOS.jpg 4" of sheet roxul against the sides of the chimney firebox. Have done this in the past and it really helps with heat loss and dampens any sound echo form the chimney.

Looks awesome! Do you have a link for where you got your OAK? I just looked on harmans website, have you seen the new 52i-tc? Didn't mind the old stove but this new setup is catching my eye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks awesome! Do you have a link for where you got your OAK? I just looked on harmans website, have you seen the new 52i-tc? Didn't mind the old stove but this new setup is catching my eye

Got the OAK kit from the dealer $145 about the same as everyone else. Just used some old 3" flex I had.
Installed frame etc. myself. Just waiting for the dealer to deliver the main unit. Let them lug the beast into the house and slide it in.

??? How far out does the distribution blower stick out from the frame? The manual states it juts out 2" past the mounting frame but then says the overall depth of the mounting frame is 15 9/16 which includes the 2" overhang. My frame is 15 9/16. Will the blower extend another 2". I may have to alter my Oak pipe.

Didn't get the TC. Read still several bugs in the software. I got the harman for tried and true reliability.

Can't remember off the top of my head but it wasn't much. I was surprised at how compact the whole thing was. Yeah I'm wondering now what model to get. I'll have to do some research. If you don't mind me asking what price did they give you for the 52i vs the 52i tc?

Can't remember off the top of my head but it wasn't much. I was surprised at how compact the whole thing was. Yeah I'm wondering now what model to get. I'll have to do some research. If you don't mind me asking what price did they give you for the 52i vs the 52i tc?

The TC was $299 more. It looks cool but unproven software makes me nervous.
So you don't think the blowers extend much from the actual frame casing?