Harman accentra 52i turned itself on!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Jan 15, 2018
Hershey
So I'm getting my stoves ready to run for the winter. I cleaned the accentra 52i and made sure my chimney is cleaned. Started it up during the Packers/cowboys game the other week. No problems and the pack won to boot!

During the lions packers game the accentra started itself. The combustion blower just kicked on. It was not in auto mode. It was not on but yet it powered up. Since that moment it wont burn right. When it does manage to get going it does not burn well and eventually goes out. The liner is clean. The stove is clean. I have always had it plugged into a surge protector. I bought this used last year so its about 6 years old. Could the board have gone bad?

Any advice? My p61a and p43 can shoulder the load until it gets really cold but.... now im worried.

Thank you,

Try to do a hard reset by unplugging and plugging it back in.

By powered up, do you just mean exhaust blower, or did it feed AND light? If just the blower and feed or just blower, it could be a pinched esp wire from your cleaning...

Did a hard reset and checked for a pinched wire.

It ignites and all the blowers work in test mode. The exhaust (little metal fan in stove one) makes a grinding noise but that isn't new.

It was giving me 5 or 6 blinks on the status light. The door seal was looking bad so I installed a new one yesterday. Still doesn't want to get hot and burn well. It's now throwing 5 blinks.

Either you esp is not reading right or your control board isn’t reading you esp right. Did you check your esp where it plugs into the board. If that’s good I’d say try a new esp before you replace the board cause an especially is cheaper. As always, make sure power is disconnected before poking around behind the stove.

Ordered an esp probe. I'll try that. Either way I'm replacinging the noisy blower and keeping the old one as a spare.

Hopefully I'll have her working tuesday.

Thank you!

Either you esp is not reading right or your control board isn’t reading you esp right. Did you check your esp where it plugs into the board. If that’s good I’d say try a new esp before you replace the board cause an especially is cheaper. As always, make sure power is disconnected before poking around behind the stove.

I installed the new esp and it still wont burn well. Its like there are not enough pellets going to it. I tried both room temp and set mode. Had the feed rate up to 7 as well. There just isnt enough flame and where the hot air is blown into the room I can still touch with no problem where as last year my skin would melt off.

So to summarize: the stove kicked on by itself and wouldn’t turn off and the stove fed and lit but didn’t feed anymore? If it’s really not feeding enough to heat the esp up, have you emptied the hopper and checked the fines box? Also when it started up on its own the first time was it in the off position and did it ignite that time?

That time it was in the off position. It did not ignight when it turned itself on. Now it doesn't not appear to feed enough pellets. I cleaned the fines box out. My next step i guess is to pull the auger?

Is it possible you got something put back together wrong in the fines box? If you put the plate in backwards it will mess it up. Is it possible that the blower had been running since you plug the stove in when you cleaned it and that you just noticed it whenever you were watching the game? The combustion blower will run nonstop if it detects a vacuum issue.

Checked the fine box again. It's spotless and made sure the door is seated correctly and tight. Tightened up everything. Fire is still lazy on the highest setting and it isn't hot. No error blinks though. Auger makes a click every now and then.

Burn pot clean out tight? Combustion blower cover tight? Door gasket good? Pipe brushed from top to bottom? Air flapper moving freely ( you can slam the door with the handle pulled up and you should hear the flapper move)?

Also I assume you checked That the slide plate was in the right way and was indeed notched onto the Pusher arm when you were in there?

It is notched in correctly. I took out the auger and scraped down the tube. Cleaned it and reassembled tightly. Still got 6 blinks. Burning better though more fingers of flame.

Might the auger motor be slow? I check the seal on the exhaust. The seals on auger. Seals on combustion blower.... Didn't see anything. Is there a spot i should look at?

Attachments

• 20191026_162702.jpg
    20191026_162702.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 143
Ok i restarted it right away and it's now burning perfectly.... I guess it just needed to warm up?