Harman Accentra flame guide moving out of place

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Feb 5, 2014
Western Jersey
hi,
i have a 2007 Accentra, and this year i'm having trouble with the flame guide moving, like it is being pushed by the pellets, forward toward the door.
Then flame pokes up behind the flame guide, and it just doesn't seem right.
Maybe it's the pellets? i'm using 'green supreme' from Lowes, as my normal guy had sold out before i got to him.
Or maybe i should replace the flame guide.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

My stove will occasionally do that but it always drops back into place. I can hear it clunk. Perhaps you should shutdown and do a good scraping of the flame guide. It is considered to be an expendable item. Here's a replacement on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OI5798Y/?tag=hearthamazon-20

My stove will occasionally do that but it always drops back into place. I can hear it clunk. Perhaps you should shutdown and do a good scraping of the flame guide. It is considered to be an expendable item. Here's a replacement on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OI5798Y/?tag=hearthamazon-20

Thanks Jackman. After posting this, i found another thread where a guy had the same issue. I've cleaned and scraped a few times, and still have it moving around. So i just ordered a new flame guide from Amazon - it's worth 25 bucks to see if that resolves this issue.

They warp.But,possibly could be wet pellets,but could also be restricted exhaust,weak combustion blower.Could also be a dying exhaust probe.

I would think the new guide will be the best move. They are a wear item. I had the same kind of issue and replaced mine after 4 years. Keep us posted on the results.