Harman Accentra insert and room size

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

turbulator

Dec 2, 2011
Western PA
Hello. We want to put a Harman Accentra in a family room roughly 16' X 16' with a fairly large L couch. The front of the insert will be about 6 feet away from the couch, 3 feet from the coffee table. We already have the unit and the room is new construction so we will be building a faux fireplace around it.

Questions:

1.) Are we too close to that unit I.e. are we going to roast when it's running?

2.) Can I put a mantle above it and mount a flat TV above it, or is there too much radiant heat?

Can wait to post the pics and info on our tarm hs4.0 boiler installation when it progresses.

Thanks for the info.

It will go into other rooms. There is a large living room on the other side of a double pocket door, which then leads to the rest of the house.. Wife wanted a fireplace, this seemed the easiest way. ..just don't want to melt lol. If the room gets too ungodly hot I can open the door to the garage I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.