Harman Accentra Insert - Feed Rate / Burn Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

arpenn

May 16, 2008
Southwest Missouri
I am having an issue with the feed rate on my Harman Accentra Insert. For years I have run the stove in room temp mode with the feed rate set on 3.5 - 4 with no problems. Yesterday the stove was pushing pellets over the edge of the burn pot. I had to slow the feed rate down to 1 to keep the 1" ash line, but I wasn't getting much heat out of the stove. The pellets weren't running over the pot but the fire wasn't very big either, not like normal anyway. It doesn't look like I am getting a strong enough combustion draft. I replaced the combustion motor about 2 months ago. I keep the stove very clean, I clean the heat exchangers behind the panels and the exhaust tubes at least once a week. I can't figure this out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try cleaning the ESP.

I am having an issue with the feed rate on my Harman Accentra Insert. For years I have run the stove in room temp mode with the feed rate set on 3.5 - 4 with no problems. Yesterday the stove was pushing pellets over the edge of the burn pot. I had to slow the feed rate down to 1 to keep the 1" ash line, but I wasn't getting much heat out of the stove. The pellets weren't running over the pot but the fire wasn't very big either, not like normal anyway. It doesn't look like I am getting a strong enough combustion draft. I replaced the combustion motor about 2 months ago. I keep the stove very clean, I clean the heat exchangers behind the panels and the exhaust tubes at least once a week. I can't figure this out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have found that pellet size is a relevant factor. This year I am using Fireside Ultras..which are uniformly small. This has resulted in too high a flame until I set the feed rate back to 2. Perhaps your pellets are large and require a higher setting? Just a thought.

Ok I got it out and yes the ESP was coated with soot. I wiped it down and it is nice and clean now. I cleaned everything in there good too. Pulled the combustion motor and cleaned it. I also cleaned out the cover on the hopper slide door. The draft door swings free. I don't see anything else. Hopefully this will fix everything.

Reactions: DAKSY
Also check the fines cleanout door (one with the wing nut) to insure it's on properly and tight...

I got the stove back in and cleaned it inside as well even though I just cleaned it a couple of days ago. I Just relit it and its working great now. Really good strong flames and my feed rate seems to be back to normal again. While I had it out I cleaned everything in the back including the fines cleanout. Man these stove put out the heat when they are clean. Thanks guys for all the help! I will have to see how it does over the next couple of days.

Last edited:
Reactions: DAKSY
Status
Not open for further replies.