Harman Accentra Insert Pellet Stove Flame just Died out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

LobsterParty

Jan 24, 2022
Boston
Stove has been working for months with no issue. It's a little dirty and will clean today.

I had it running for a week straight with no stopping. And this morning I topped off the pellets and within 5 minutes I watched as the flame started to die own ( after working all night) started to make lots of smoke. The flame turned into cherry red pellets smoking... and I opened the door scraped everything , it never got better. So i turned it off to cool down.

Anyone know what's going on?

Holes in the burn pot clear? If they’re blocked no combustion air will get forced through the pellets. They will just sit there & smolder…
I will absolutely check this out today. I have a couple hours later today I plan to do a good cleaning and see if I can get it running again. I will clean out the holes and vaccum everything I can reach... including the chamber below the burnout . I noticed I recently switched over to a new brand of Pellets 20 hours earlier. And the ask was finer and a different color. More whitish/grey vs. The black ash from the previous pellets. The new pellets look really great, even tho they are not the most expensive pellets. They look great and were burning great last night and this morning. ( until I opened the hopper and added 30 pounds of pellets. Then I noticed the fire was slowly dying down on me. Getting smaller. Then , I scraped it with the scraper, and the fire never came back. Just lots of smoke. Can't wait to clean it out later.

I fixed it. Thank you all for the support. The pellets apparently got jammed up in the hopper somehow... and after I stuck my hands In There and freed everything up and moved it all around. It was able to feed pellets again , and I'm making heat now !

Reactions: Washed-Up
The stove acted up again last night. I havnt been able to get it going since.

I even used my plumbing torch to start the fire.... but it just goes out and the pellets stay Cherry red with no flames just lots of smoke.
it worked for the past 2 weeks with no issues.

and now I can't even get it started.

I guess it could use another deeper cleaning. But was hoping to have the pellet stove last another couple weeks until the weather warms back up in Boston.

what am I missing??

I usually do a deep cleaning twice a season on mine including pulling the blowers and cleaning them... I find with some pellets they seem to have alot of minerals in them and i have to scrape the burn pot more regularly to get the hard deposit of them.. Sometimes i have to get the hammer out to get it off... I try to stay away from those pellets unless their is nothing available... If the stove is dropping pellets and its going out yo have a air flow issue.

Reactions: LobsterParty
I usually do a deep cleaning twice a season on mine including pulling the blowers and cleaning them... I find with some pellets they seem to have alot of minerals in them and i have to scrape the burn pot more regularly to get the hard deposit of them.. Sometimes i have to get the hammer out to get it off... I try to stay away from those pellets unless their is nothing available... If the stove is dropping pellets and its going out yo have a air flow issue.

I did a 75% excellent cleaning. I spent 20 minutes doing the best job I could.

My harman is heating the house like never before! It's so hot!

Amazing that after 1 ton of Pellets it couldn't even run by itself anymore.
1 ton of Pellets I only needed to empty the ash pan twice. Maybe 3 times. But realistically, it was only just twice.

And now it's 100% that I can tell. Have had no issues at all since my cleaning earlier this week.

So now I know , I gotta clean it good every month for peak performance

Reactions: Washed-Up
20 min... cleaning i don't think you are even close to a good deep cleaning... I have a different stove but by the time i do a good deep clean pulling out both blowers, cleaning the pipes, and the inside of it im a good 2-3 hours into it depending on how easy the screws go back in.. The exhaust blower gets caked up with fines/soot as well as the intake blower gets caked up with household dust and crap. I do a deep clean about twice a season. You should be doing a weekly clean of the burn area and ash pans that usually takes me about 20 min.
Unfortunately pellets stoves are a bit of work to keep running efficiently and trouble free... Glad you got it working better...

Reactions: LobsterParty