Harman Accentra Installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sugarmoms

Dec 6, 2010
Vancouver, wa
Hi! I am new to this. We just had out Harman accentra pellet stove insert installed on Friday and we think it may have been installed incorrectly.

Can anyone tell me where the room sensor should be located?? We tried running it on room temp between 70-75 and according to our thermostat on the wall it would never get above 65. So we started running the stove on stove temp and that keeps the house warm, but it never shuts off. ( Which I know is the point)

Also, does anyone know what the zero clearance installation kit?? It called for it in the book but the installers had no clue???

Thanks,

Cindy

romm sensor probe comes out the left side of the insert. The installer may have zip tied it to the frame under the ashlip. We leave them loose and have the wire coming out about three feet and let the homeowner put it where ever it works out best. The zero clearance kit used when yoy are puting the insert in a place where there is no existing firebox. Like if you tore out a propane fireplace and all that was left was wood studs and insulation then you would need the zc kit. But if the insert was installed in a existing fireplace you dont need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.