harman accentra, possible problem?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2006
Springfield Ma (western mass)
Background: harman accentra - pellets - okies

Problem the inside of stove has black soot everywhere except where ever the flame was burning
Window is clean , stove was cleaned the other day..
My stove goes into a 90 up a foot another 90 - horizontal run of 2ft and that's it
I haven't cleaned the pipe since end of season cleaning last year. Have only been burning full time since Xmas
Is this normal to have black soot in stove?
Feed is on 3
This is the first time I noticed it since I just cleaned it and it was there the next day ... wondering if its the pipe , but the stove seems to be burning fine .. and hot

Black soot (carbon) is usually a sign of incomplete combustion, and lack of burn air. Some vertical pipe on the outside (3-4') will help draft and airflow, but that may not be all of your problem.

When you "cleaned" the stove, was it disassembled as far as possible and all parts cleaned, and ash traps & heat exchanger cleaned?

You might want to go back to your post and hit the edit button below it....add the make & model of the stove to the title....you'll get more responses from Harman owners.

imacman said:
Black soot (carbon) is usually a sign of incomplete combustion, and lack of burn air. Some vertical pipe on the outside (3-4') will help draft and airflow, but that may not be all of your problem.

When you "cleaned" the stove, was it disassembled as far as possible and all parts cleaned, and ash traps & heat exchanger cleaned?

You might want to go back to your post and hit the edit button below it....add the make & model of the stove to the title....you'll get more responses from Harman owners.

Thanks for the heads up

I didn't clean the pipe but everything else yes
I even go back over it with a toothbrush- literally

clean the pipe! From both ends. A double 90 leaves a blind spot and a spot to plug up between the 90's

Status
Not open for further replies.