Harman Accentra smoking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Haven’t had an igniter for years. Got tired of replacing them and just burn in manual mode.

The crossover has no affect on the performance of the stove. The reason for it was to prevent burn back during shut down. It is just a tube that hooks into the feeder where pellets drop down the shoot under slide plate then connects to the airbox beside the flapper. We rebuilt a bunch of them replacing feeders and adding the crossovers.

Haven’t had an igniter for years. Got tired of replacing them and just burn in manual mode.
I have seen OEM Harman igniters last 10+ years.

Reactions: Mt Bob
Mine lasted 6 years. That's running in room temp auto 99.5% of the time. I believe it easily saved me its 50 dollar cost in saved pellets.
Ron

Reactions: Mt Bob
Mine lasted 6 years. That's running in room temp auto 99.5% of the time. I believe it easily saved me its 50 dollar cost in saved pellets.
Ron
Ya,i do not remember when i started using the Accentra,but I think I am going into the 6th year.ya,harman had 1 bad year of new igniters,but most last a long time.And,fall and spring,mine will light 6-8 times a day.Did have to replace neighbors igniter,last winter,I think it is a travis stove,lol,really do not remember,but his lasted 10 years.