Harman Advance flame guide design change

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Madhatter

Mar 11, 2011
Northampton County, PA
Anyone know why Harman changed the design of the flame guides for the Advance stoves?

New one is a little thinner, a little shorter, and the end that that goes torwards
the auger is formed differently.

Both have the # 3-00-06644 in the castings
In addition the new one has the letters E1 in the casting and the old one E4
Manufacture date on the bag for the new one is 11-8-2011

2.gif

1.gif

the notches in the new one are for some air ports on some of the newer units...common on the P68, may have made its way into the Advance at some point, I haven't noticed. The size difference is probably because your older one has been subjected to some heat.

The change is interesting. My Advance is from Dec. '11, so I'll have to check tonight and see which one I have.

Hello.

My january 2010 Accentra FS has the same # 30-00-06644, same back end as the new model (right), but is named E3...

What about parts numbers for Harman's dealers ?

Au revoir.

Status
Not open for further replies.