Harman Allure50 vs Absolute63

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Lipi128

Apr 6, 2018
RI
Ive narrowed down my choices between these two. I like the slick look of the allure but the absolute is a nice looking stove as well. Both seem to be similar spec wise.

Curious as to your preference between these two other than looks? Any history of problems of one over the other?

This is going in the basement of my 2500 sq ft colonial

If you're looking to heat the entire 2500 sq. Ft. I would go with the higher BTU 63

It probably won’t be able to heat everything just due to location. Noticed the difference in btus but was curious if anyone had any input regarding durability or issues or preference of one over the other. I had heard one has a vertical auger vs horizontal that could cause issues... thanks for the input!!

They both use the same feed system and other then appearance are very similar stoves.

I really like the allure and have had no problems so far. I don’t care for the different burn pot on the absolutes as much but they are both great stoves.