Harman Oakwood cast-iron woodstove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rmcfall

Feeling the Heat
Nov 28, 2005
Anyone have any experiences with the Harman Oakwood cast-iron woodstove?

Husband and I are considering this stove as replacement to our pre1980 VC Vigilant. We liked the look of it at the store. Would like to hear of people's experiences with it.

I think I saw a couple of Oakwood owners over on gardenweb.com in the home forums fireplaces section. You might want to enquire there if no response here. It looks like a nice stove and Harman has a good reputation.

i have a harman tl 200 wood stove, what a great unit!! after 3 years it still goes strong, lots of heat great burn time and a good looker with the gold options, the best part is the top loading, no bending down stuffing it full at night!! and yes u can stack it right to the top!
from what i hear the oakwood is a cast iron brother of the tl 200, i think its a top load and also a good looker!
Harman is a great unit, ash door on bottom blower kit, and cooking grates if u wish (great when power goes out)
i would recomend it but most inportant is the top load!

Nice looking stove, They even have a grilling option on the top loader.

Status
Not open for further replies.