Harman P38+ Distribution Blower seems slow

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NHMAN1

Jan 7, 2014
New Hampshire
Hello,
I finally decided to join the group after years of reading the posts in here.

I have a Harman P38+ it’s about 6 years old now. I purchased it new in the fall of 07. I am familiar with the Harman stoves. My son has the P61A and my sister in law has the P68.

I have had this problem since the end of last season and have not been able to find what is causing it. I have the older style control board with the feed and blower speed. My distribution blower seems to operate just as it should. I see it start up when the ESP probe hits the right temperature. I can turn it up and down with the speed knob. I am not sure if it is running at the right RPM’s. If I have it set in the middle and turn it almost all the way up I am hearing and seeing it speed up but I am hardly getting any air flow at the top front of the stove like it used to. My stove and ESP probe are clean, it almost seems like there is something inside the air tubes restricting the flow. I was hoping that someone had any ideas on this one. The really cold nights are when I miss the heat blowing out the front.

Thank you

Last edited:
Have you cleaned the squirrel cage fan on the room distribution blower ??

Have you cleaned the squirrel cage fan on the room distribution blower ??
Thank you for the reply. I checked it today when I powered it down and I was amazed that it wasn't dirty with pet hair. I had cleaned it back in October and it is strange that there has not been any pet hair even on the inside fan blade edges. One thing I was thinking about today is to take the distribution blower off the next time I can to see if any pet hair has gotten past the blower and balled up inside the stove somewhere. I will check that out the next time we have a bit of a warm up.

Status
Not open for further replies.