Harman P68 distribution blower not working

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

11BGUY

Oct 28, 2011
Northern CT
I have a Harmon P 68 pellet stove that’s approximately 12 to 13 years old. The distribution blower seems to not be working properly. No fault lights are illuminated. The stove is feeding the hopper and I have a nice flame but no matter what temperature I put the stove on the flame gets bigger, but the distribution blower does not move the air.I have it set on room, temperature, auto ignite. I recently cleaned the stove out because it was making a weird noise. Any advice is appreciated.

It's probably just stuck. Over time the bearings get fouled with dust or simply wear out. I would check to see if it spins freely when the stove is shut down. If not it's time for a replacement.

It's probably just stuck. Over time the bearings get fouled with dust or simply wear out. I would check to see if it spins freely when the stove is shut down. If not it's time for a replacement.
Ok thanks I’ll give it a look. Just feel the stove is not regulating temperature properly. It’s just not putting out enough heat. It used to crank

First thing I would check is to make sure the wires from the blower are still attached between it and the control board (with the stove off and unplugged of course). I'm always nervous that I could pull one of those wires loose whenever I clean out the fines box.

If that doesn't work, just for giggles, while the stove is running move the selector to off, leave it there for a couple of second, then back to room temp (pick the fan speed you usually don't use). Regardless if that works or not, after a couple of seconds, turn the dial to the fan speed you normally do use. If one fan speed works and the other doesn't, at least you have some air distributing until you figure out what the deal is.