Harman P38

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

braden

Sep 20, 2012
Will this stove produce enough heat for 1200 sq ft for New England winters? Thanks for your advice!

Easily! That is a great stove.

Tom C.

Will this stove produce enough heat for 1200 sq ft for New England winters? Thanks for your advice!
Welcome to the forum braden! I am also new here with a Harman P43 and this is my first season. You will find a wealth of information and assistance here
My only caution is that the ability to heat the whole house is going to be dependent on what corners in the home you have and whether it is a single or multi story! the use of corner fans in upper doorways may be of help to you in moving heat. I am finding a small fan on top of a bookcase near an archway to have been very beneficial in moving the heat to the next room.

Enjoy!! I have my stove on for the third morning now to take the chill out.

Thanks for the responses! We would love for the stove to be able to heat our downstairs which is about 1200 sq ft. It will be placed in the family room where we spend most of our time. Hopefully we can use a doorway fan and the ceiling fan in the family room to move heat. Someday, we may put another pellet stove in the living room on the other end of the main floor to try and get some heat upstairs. Our home is a newer, center staircase colonial with the family room over the garage.

If the house is well insulated and sealed it should. If it's like mine, it won't. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.