HARMAN P43 Distribution Fan Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swrlow

Jan 29, 2014
upstate ny
I have a problem with my 3 year old Harman P43 pellet stove. My dealer says there's nothing wrong, but, my distribution only blows PART TIME in the Stove Mode. According to what I have read the distribution blower is supposed to blow constantly in the Stove Mode when the igniter switch is set to auto. Am I misinformed?

From the p43 manual page 17
Stove temperature Mode In the Stove Temperature Mode and with the igniter toggle switch in the Auto position, the stove will light automatically and can be adjusted to the desired setting using the same temperature control dial as is used in the Room Temperature Mode. The heat output and fuel consumption will remain constant regardless of room temperature. The settings from 1 to 7 on the inner ring of the temperature dial provide for relative heat output settings with 1 being low and 7 being the maximum.

I have never used stove temp mode.

I think your dealer is probably right. I also never use stove temp mode but if your pellet feed setting is to low the amount of heat generated in the 1,2 or 3 setting on the stove temp dial may not be enough heat to keep the blower running constantly. Some pellets put out a lot more heat than others so the feed setting for one pellet may not be high enough for another brand of pellet. Try turning up your feed rate. Harman suggests 4 but I've run mine as high as 5 and as low as 2 1/2.
Ron

Both settings are at 4.5 when the in the Stove mode. Am I the only person out here using the Stove mode? I just felt this would be a better mode to heat the whole house as opposed to using the room heat mode. Maybe I should be using the room temp mode to heat the Whole house?

Thanks for the replies folks!

Stove mode is the only settin I use on my p43 and the distribution fan has never fluctuated from the setting I've had it on

I have a problem with my 3 year old Harman P43 pellet stove. My dealer says there's nothing wrong, but, my distribution only blows PART TIME in the Stove Mode. According to what I have read the distribution blower is supposed to blow constantly in the Stove Mode when the igniter switch is set to auto. Am I misinformed?
No, you are not mis-informed. Is this something new that is happening? You've had your stove for 3 years so I assume you have noticed this change.

I think your dealer is probably right. I also never use stove temp mode but if your pellet feed setting is to low the amount of heat generated in the 1,2 or 3 setting on the stove temp dial may not be enough heat to keep the blower running constantly. Some pellets put out a lot more heat than others so the feed setting for one pellet may not be high enough for another brand of pellet. Try turning up your feed rate. Harman suggests 4 but I've run mine as high as 5 and as low as 2 1/2.
Ron
Apologies, Ron, for contradicting you in a couple of threads but in Stove Temp Mode auto, the fan runs constantly. I think he's got something else going on...

Not a problem Harman Lover as I said I don't use stove temp mode so I'm not sure what logic controls the convection fan. I know the fan comes on when the ESP reaches 350 in stove temp manual and possible auto too but I don't know at what temp the ESP has to be at for the convection fan to shutdown.
Ron

Hi everyone, well I put a call into the Harman help desk and was told by "TONY" that the distribution fan doesn't necessarily run 100 percent of the time in the STOVE MODE. It depends on the ESP temp being above 350 degrees to activate it. I am going to keep an eye on it and make sure the performance of the stove doesn't decrease. Thanks to everyone for their help.

Status
Not open for further replies.