Harman P43 Error Code 6 blinks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My stove is cranking right now did a draft test came back at -0.9 WC, turned it down (Room temp Manual) WC dropped to -0.45

Now this is what i knew it did having tested it previously. Maybe it only drops to this for the maintenance burn.
fire creates positive pressure don't you know. Thats why it varies from low to high fires.

fire creates positive pressure don't you know. Thats why it varies from low to high fires.

Fire was the same size… i tested as soon as i turned the temperature down and the fire hadn't had a chance to change. Anyways bored of going round in circles over this. Been an interesting discussion.

Well at the risk of being wrong in yet another thread regarding a possible ESP failure, I'm still gonna say it's a failing ESP.

I gotta get it right one of these times! :)

The ESP is the only sensor actually on the stove and is therefore the only way the control board knows whats going on. Combustion speed is most definitely variable….
Nope...

Fire was the same size… i tested as soon as i turned the temperature down and the fire hadn't had a chance to change. Anyways bored of going round in circles over this. Been an interesting discussion.
Apologies for boring you.....but some of us just hate it when bad information starts here and takes on a life of it's own. Do as Scott says..grab a voltmeter and stick it on the combustion blower leads and adjust away using your theory. The input voltage will not change and therefore neither will the combustion motor speed.

Apologies for boring you.....but some of us just hate it when bad information starts here and takes on a life of it's own. Do as Scott says..grab a voltmeter and stick it on the combustion blower leads and adjust away using your theory. The input voltage will not change and therefore neither will the combustion motor speed.

Do you run your stove in Room temp manual? have you tested this yourself? i will do this out of curiousity when i get home.

I do all my testing with a draft meter as this is what is important for burn. Multimeters are for fault finding and i have not had any faults with this stove. I will report back but i'm sure i'll find that when the stove goes into a maintenace burn that voltage across the motor will drop.

I completely agree with bad information however i am seeing the opposite of what you gentleman are describing. I only want the facts if i'm wrong i will be the first to hold my hands up.

Do you run your stove in Room temp manual? have you tested this yourself? i will do this out of curiousity when i get home.

I do all my testing with a draft meter as this is what is important for burn. Multimeters are for fault finding and i have not had any faults with this stove. I will report back but i'm sure i'll find that when the stove goes into a maintenace burn that voltage across the motor will drop.

I completely agree with bad information however i am seeing the opposite of what you gentleman are describing. I only want the facts if i'm wrong i will be the first to hold my hands up.
I won't be afraid to admit I'm wrong either, if that is the case, but in 18 years of Harman ownership I've never seen or heard my combustion blower slow down.
My distribution blower slows down when running in Room Temp manual when going into maintenance burn.

I won't be afraid to admit I'm wrong either, if that is the case, but in 18 years of Harman ownership I've never seen or heard my combustion blower slow down.
My distribution blower slows down when running in Room Temp manual when going into maintenance burn.

Agreed on the distribution blower as that we can all here ramping down. I'm basing my views on negative pressure( which is only effected by the combustion blower) in the stove and on what the installation manual says. I agree that a voltmeter across the combustion motor is the sure fire way to confirm or deny this.

A lot of people are on here because they want to help others and have an interest in the stoves and thats why i am here. I have no questions of my own but solely here to answer others and fault find. Last thing i want to do is give bad information or p**s people off! Hope none of you have taken my insistence on this as an attack on your experience.

All the best.

James

Well the verdict is in. I picked up a new ESP probe from the dealer and installed it 3pm (EST) and it's been running for well over an hour without a fault. Also the flame looks normal and the heat is cranking out. It just kicked down to maintenance flame as I run ignitor in manual and stove in room temp. Hopefully I'm not premature in reporting we are good to go, but I do think we are.

A big THANK YOU to everyone who posted and to HarmanMan for hitting the nail on the head. The service guy explained it to me that if
the ESP prematurely senses peak temp, the fire never gets big enough for complete burn and thus the error code 6...

Cheers!

Nice. Glad to hear you're back up and running.

I was right this time! Pfff, knew it ;) :p

Well the verdict is in. I picked up a new ESP probe from the dealer and installed it 3pm (EST) and it's been running for well over an hour without a fault. Also the flame looks normal and the heat is cranking out. It just kicked down to maintenance flame as I run ignitor in manual and stove in room temp. Hopefully I'm not premature in reporting we are good to go, but I do think we are.

A big THANK YOU to everyone who posted and to HarmanMan for hitting the nail on the head. The service guy explained it to me that if
the ESP prematurely senses peak temp, the fire never gets big enough for complete burn and thus the error code 6...

Cheers!

Glad it was an easy fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.