Harman P43 No OAK...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simoni21

Dec 11, 2013
Connecticut
My dealer never mentioned anything about an outdoor air kit for my stove so I had no idea. I've been reading a bunch on this forum and have learned a ton! I'm curious if anyone has done any custom OAK's with my stove or ones similar. It seems like a lot of people use drier vent hose. Trying to keep the $$$ down on this OAK. Love the set up I have for my stove but doesn't leave me much for running an OAK. (Please don't mind the exhaust pipe, I turned my stove a little to try and push more heat upstairs) image.jpg Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Thank you

I suggest you use the proper venting for your unit. Looks to me, & correct me if I'm mistaken, that you have a 3 or a 4" flexible liner, painted black, running from the stove to the chimney. If that's the case, it's neither safe nor does it meet code. Liners are meant to be used in s chimney NOT out in the open.

Status
Not open for further replies.