Harman P43

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmeyer

Oct 6, 2014
Barre,VT
I bought a Harman P43 used last year from a friend and after dealing with it running dirty nearly all of last year. I changed my 3" exhaust pipe from being approx. 25' w/cold air intake. To approx. 6' feet with cold air intake going out the side of the house.

I see it is already running cleaner, but one main problem I was having before and still having is the stove when it goes to shut down it burns the pellets all the way back up into the auger. I end up with smoke in my hopper an scorched fines in the auger feed.

I changed the Control Board expecting that might be causing the problem, but we are still having the same issue.

Any thoughts?

I bought a Harman P43 used last year from a friend and after dealing with it running dirty nearly all of last year. I changed my 3" exhaust pipe from being approx. 25' w/cold air intake. To approx. 6' feet with cold air intake going out the side of the house.

I see it is already running cleaner, but one main problem I was having before and still having is the stove when it goes to shut down it burns the pellets all the way back up into the auger. I end up with smoke in my hopper an scorched fines in the auger feed.

I changed the Control Board expecting that might be causing the problem, but we are still having the same issue.

Any thoughts?
Ihave a HarmanP61A and when shut down, the pellets burn pretty much up to the auger..
I just assumed this is normal. No Smoke in the hopper though.

Status
Not open for further replies.