Harman p61a questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Zackwbutler

Feb 7, 2021
New York
I’m a new pellet stove owner. I’ve been running my newly acquired, refurbished, p61a for about a week now. Still learning this with it. I’m currently running it in room temp mode, set at about 73-74, feed rate 4. Recently within the last few hours I’ve noticed that the distribution blower keeps coming on and off. It’ll come on, run for approximately 5 minutes give or take then shut back off, stay off for a little bit and kick back on for 5 minutes. I felt like before it would run for much longer and stay off much longer. There’s no flashes on the status light anywhere. Does this sound normal? I don’t recall noticing this before.

I call it normal. Mine does the same. Turning the blower speed knob down will likely make it cycle less and run at a constant slow speed.

Normal, mine does the same, especially when it’s a bit colder out. Like Jackman said, you can turn the blower speed down a bit.

Thank you all! I’m new to it and just very nervous and overthinking things lol. I’m fighting with trying to get it to keep a decent temp. It seems that it’s either too warm or too cold in the particular room it’s in. Also, I’m fighting with getting the heat to more rooms of the house.

I use a 20” box fan or two to move the air around. I’ve found that blowing the cold air towards the stove from the edge of the colder rooms helps quite a bit

Do you have the igniter switch on manual? If not, the fan cycles back when the lower level of the set temp has been reached and the stove starts to feed pellets again. Your igniter light is most likely on as well. If you haven’t read the sticky on how to operate a Harman, it’s definitely a good read. Click on the link in my signature....and good luck with your P61. It’s a great stove.

Reactions: Washed-Up