Harman P68 Installed!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heat Slinger

Sep 5, 2013
NB, Canada
I've been lurking here for years, finally signed up. Did a lot of research on this forum before buying my stove, lots of great info here! Just had my new to me Harman P68 installed last week. It's in my walk-out basement, house is a 1900 sq. ft. 2 storey, finished basement adds another 1000 sq. ft. House was built in 2005 and is very well insulated, hoping to heat the basement and main floor with the Harman. Got a great deal on the Harman, it was used for 2 seasons, and I paid $2200 including venting and 35 bags of pellets. Looking forward to the winter!

Oh yeah, I know you guys like pics...and beer.
DSCN0717.JPG DSCN0718.JPG DSCN0721.JPG

What no fire? You got them pellets to burn. Very nice. Should keep things toasty without breaking the bank! Depending on your fuel source you could have the payback in less than 2 years.

Reactions: Heat Slinger
Congrats and welcome to the club!

I bought a house with a P68 in the basement last year. My install is similar to yours.

It does a great job heating most of my 1,200 sqft Cape, although the top floor can be cool like 68ish when the P68 is running full steam. I use baseboard oil heat on really cold days to make sure I don't freeze pipes on outside walls.

I burned last year 24/7 and found to go through 2 bags a day. However, I was using cheaper box store bags. This year I have 3 tons of CleanFire Pacific softwoods that burn hot and clean. (I had a few bags last year)

Heating the basement is my priority, I didn't want to heat it with electric baseboard. Keeping the floors warm on the main floor will be an added bonus.

I've already picked up a surge protector (not pictured), and started on my stash for the winter. Everything I have read says the Harmans are not pellet picky, so I'm trying a few different brands. My stash so far:

35 bags of Comfy Cozy (came with the stove)
45 bags of Eastern Embers
20 bags of Trebios (Walmart specials)

Gonna pick up another 50 bags of Comfy Cozy's tomorrow when the sale starts ($4.49/bag).

Heating the basement is my priority, I didn't want to heat it with electric baseboard. Keeping the floors warm on the main floor will be an added bonus.

I've already picked up a surge protector (not pictured), and started on my stash for the winter. Everything I have read says the Harmans are not pellet picky, so I'm trying a few different brands. My stash so far:

35 bags of Comfy Cozy (came with the stove)
45 bags of Eastern Embers
20 bags of Trebios (Walmart specials)

Gonna pick up another 50 bags of Comfy Cozy's tomorrow when the sale starts ($4.49/bag).
Congrats on a fine purchase and welcome to Hearth,com! I see you have a cheap supply of pellets in your area, that's a good thing. Grab yourself a chair, place it in front of the P68, grab yourself a beer and enjoy the show.....

I've been lurking here for years, finally signed up. Did a lot of research on this forum before buying my stove, lots of great info here! Just had my new to me Harman P68 installed last week. It's in my walk-out basement, house is a 1900 sq. ft. 2 storey, finished basement adds another 1000 sq. ft. House was built in 2005 and is very well insulated, hoping to heat the basement and main floor with the Harman. Got a great deal on the Harman, it was used for 2 seasons, and I paid $2200 including venting and 35 bags of pellets. Looking forward to the winter!

View attachment 111310 View attachment 111311 View attachment 111312

Wow, that nickel trim is worth $500 - You did very well!

Good luck, that is a beauty!

Nice price on a great heater !

From one P68 Basement Dweller to another, enjoy the heat and welcome to the forum ! ! !

I tried a couple of bags of these a few years ago and thought they were a decent pellet. I haven't seen them since. I'd like to try them again.

Thanks for listing your pellets!!! On my way, don't bother to lock the doors:cool:

View attachment 111310 View attachment 111311 View attachment 111312

Fantastic price! Exterior condition looks good... Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.