Harman P68 please help.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JCoxBuilder

Nov 3, 2017
Whitefield
Hi everyone. Running into some issues here -

I own a Harman p68. The combustion blower was starting to go so I went and bought and installed a new one direct from dealer. I fired it up and blew a fuse and power board showed no power. I replaced the fuse, unplugged the combustion blower and the power light stays lit and I ran test and everything except for the combustion blower runs so to the Best of my knowledge everything else is run to its proper wiring.

So, a break down. I replaced the combustion motor, I blow a fuse and the power goes out. I unplug the cumbustion motor, re install a new fuse and the power is on and everything seems ok.

Is the new combustion motor faulty? Is it supposed to be installed in a specific up and down placement?

I’m confused, and cold. Haha

The blower is faulty, OR you have a wire rubbed through the insulation,and hits something when plugged in. Got an ohm meter handy?

What I would do is connect the combustion blower to a test cord (an extension cord with the receptacle cut off) and plug it in to a power strip with a switch just to be safe. Be careful doing it. If the blower runs then the problem may be elsewhere. Perhaps there's a wire shorted.

Reactions: Washed-Up