Harman p68 price Atlantic Canada

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No it is not normal. A tip I learned from a post on this site was to use a flashlight to inspect the vent pipes with the lights out. You would be surprised how the smoke is totally visible using this technique. look for the smoke just as the pellets are starting to ignite, when there is lots of smoke. Otherwise, there is a good chance you will not see it.

We had a leak at the factory seam on a 45* right out the back of the stove we found this way. A bit of hi-temp silicon, and the leak is gone.

darngoodpick said:
Stove arrived on Monday, had service rep back to day due to strong smell of smoke,they sealed the joints with aluminum tape, but still have strong smell of smoke throughout the house, IS this normal after 5 days of use?

You will learn to hate yourself for not buying the pipe with the gaskets built in that don't need taping when it comes time to clean them out.But,if you pay for all things to be done....whos to worry?

some even with gasket not fool proof pete 4" security brand pipe on mine with gaskets, i had some smoke smell in basement in beginning i hi temp silicone than taped every joint no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.