Harman P68 Stove Temp Mode question ...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokeyTheBear said:
Bigjim13 said:
... I'd rather burn a few more pellets than have the wife kick me awake to go turn the stove up cuz she's cold!!!***

You need to invest in a full suit of armor, then you can both turn the stove off at night and sleep safely ;-).

Not a bad idea! LOL!

SmokeyTheBear said:
Bigjim13 said:
... I'd rather burn a few more pellets than have the wife kick me awake to go turn the stove up cuz she's cold!!!***

You need to invest in a full suit of armor, then you can both turn the stove off at night and sleep safely ;-).

silly boy, a suit of armor wont protect you from the wrath of the cold wife! Everyone knows that kind of arcane wrath ignores armor.....it will just slow you down as you try unsuccessfully to run or duck for cover.....

noelp68 said:
I was told this winter, by a large Harman dealer, that Harman issued a new policy on feed rate settings, they now say to set feed at 5.AS far as this debate on stove/room settings I am a stove guy, especially in the dead of winter. I would rather keep use of my igniter to a minimum seeing that that part is off warranty for me. In spring I still set it on stove, low fan and 1 I just have to scrape carbon build up more often than in winter.

We've had this discussion several times this season. The feed rate on a HARMAN stove is a "set it and forget it" adjustment. The feed rate on a HARMAN stove only controls how long the the auger can/will run when the micro-prosessor tells it to, NOT how often it does run. Whether you are in ST mode or RT mode is a matter of personal preference. The feed rate should not be changed when switching between the two. In general, room temp mode is more efficient and uses less pellets but it is designed to maintain a constant room temp. I find it particularly efficent in the shoulder seasons.
Having said all of that I use stove temp in the coldest weather because that is what I was accustomed to with my Harman Invincible.

Status
Not open for further replies.