Harman p68

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

capecod

Feb 22, 2008
"on Cape"
I am tired of my fireplace insert(wood) and want some real heat. I have a well insulated 15 year old house with new windows. 2200 square feet, open concept. Local dealer recommended the Harman p68. Any thoughts?
Thanks,
capecod

Will this be your main form of heat? I have a P68 in a 1700sq ft. well-insulated home and it doesn't normally get to stretch its legs. The wife has the house at 78 and I burn about a bag and a half a day in northern MD

I need the oil to heat my water, but would prefer that the pellet stove do most of the heating. Do you like the P68?

It is the only stove that I have owned and I have a great dealer that didn't promise me things that the stove wouldn't do. That being said, we are both completely satisifed with the performance of it. The one thing I am unhappy about is my house being 78, but that is more the wife's wishes and not the stove's fault. Harman is good with their sq. footage ratings and not assuming you are installing the stove in the Florida Keys. Some manufacturers will try and stretch the performance like a car manufacturer stretches the MPG rating.

Im not far from you in southern NH and bought a P68. 2400 Sq ft house ,stove in in the "great room",I keep it on 75 room temp in there,rest of the first floor is 72.

Upstairs usually doesnt go below 65,so I am using oil heat to supplement upstairs.Hallway is 70,heat is not "convecting" into the other rooms as easliy,although,it is is slighty.

Really easy to clean,I use the NEWP green bags as of now and they burn very well with a feed of 3.
Any more questions PM me

Good Luck

We have the P61 and while still being in our first season and experimenting with it, we are satisfied. I think the P68 is similar to ours, although we dont have the auto ignite.Our home is a 1900 sq ft double wide trailer, and we go through about one and a half bags a day keeping most of the place around 72 degrees. Sometimes a little less, and when it was zero out, a little more. Good luck with whatever you decide. here are people here with more experience then I though so maybe someome else can lend thier 2cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.