Harman Potentiometers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ssyko

Minister of Fire
Nov 6, 2017
Lorraine NY
does anyone have a Harman board out that can measure the Pot's body and contact legs. or even the footprint would help.

is this the correct rotor i have circled for the pots?

ROTORSELECT.jpg

They are on Ebay as a set.

Reactions: Ssyko
i know, im trying to resource replacements for our members so they don't get ***** 25 bucks for 5bucks worth of pots

they did have some good pics

Last edited:
All I see on my spares are 100k & made in spain. no numbers. There are not many electronic supply houses left, It used to be a Radio shack item.

Massage me if you want and I can text you some pics of mine.

Ssyko,yea,they are a ripoff.Years ago I bought 3 for 9 dollars.When I researched them,nobody had open packs,wanted me to buy a thousand,or something like that.They are ACP CA14,I might have written down the full number,will look over the weekend.

I found them CE14nvd11-100kSNDWT and they are made in Spain by ACP. I found a distributor here in the states i have to call monday to find out price and availability. Ill buy a thousand if need be and mark them up .25 so they are out there. Id love to undercut the EBAY thieves

Reactions: FirepotPete
Does not look right to me,looking at my notes,but maybe my ACP catalog is old,needs updated. What I have is- CA14 for cheap ones,CE14 for long life,rotor-N,model-VD11,value-100k,taper-A,(standard),polerance-2020-20%(standard),terminals-SNP(snap in). So,a short number,leaving out the standard stuff,I come up with CE14 N VD11 100k A SNP. But,I have been wrong before.

Nope sounds about right bob. I was going by memory while ordering lunch at the diner. Lol. Yes i want the long lfe 10,000 cycles for sure. The taper they said to leave blank if it is standard taper. The have a nice catalog. Just wish mouser or digikey carried them

do the Harman OEM's have a detent? beguining? end? center?

Good, detents have to be ordered.

Well,I believe Vimex is the importer,for ACP.I think Piher and bournes make a round version,but I never got as far as calling anyone.Bruners Bits and Pieces used to sell them cheap,but,his service has been flakey,he might not be in business anymore.I think all of them are made in china now,even the ACP.

im gonna go through mouser and digikey and see what i can dig up.. I might have to aquire a harman board for testing. but i would assume most folks want them just like OEM, square

I think the older Harmans did have a center (off) detent.

I think the older Harmans did have a center (off) detent.

would it have been in the middle position or either end of the swing? im thinkling it isn't going to be detrimental if there isn't one. the ones on ebay anren't marked with a detent dot

Don't want to hijack Ssyko's thread but does anyone remember Allied or Lafayette or Heathkit Electronics? They use to sell pots, resistors and caps individually (well not Heathkit) along with complete kits for radios, amplifiers and receivers and even TVs. Many fond hours spent with my father while he oversaw my hobby building electronic kits. Also use to go down to Canal Street in NYC to an area known as radio row to look for parts. You could buy anything there from speakers, crossovers, old radar screens to military radios. Stuff/junk was piled to the ceiling. It was a great day for a country boy like myself to spend the day in the big city with my dad.

Sorry Ssyko, you can have your thread back. Just thought I share a very fond memory.

thats cool. my Mother was the electronics engineer in the house. i loved watching her build Ham radio's, and countless other stuff. my god she had more inventory than Digikey lol. yes i remember Lafayette and Allied.

Yes,John,dad was an electrician,navy then at a cement plant,we made stuff,ah,the old crystal radio kits,lol

So,Ssyko,if you are serious about this,I can unsolder a pot,and check to make sure it is a true linear,not reversed or anything special.I checked,back when I replaced them,but forgot to write it down,so they are probably standard,but would only take a minute to unsolder one and test.I do not think you want the WT,as that means accessory installed,usually a thumbwheel.If they are standard,I found a place that has almost 4k of the CE long life ones,except they are 10% tolerance,instead of the standard 20%,which is fine.

oh yes im serious. but don't take yours apart. over and over i find the different manufacturers don't go to crazy on special order items. 10% tolerance would actually be a better pot. tighter control more precise. i may make a post in the want adds for any and all control boards that are damaged so i can disect some of the more popular ones. breckwell, enviro, englander, true north, i have figured out. well i have one englander that is still kicking my ass when i pull it out of the pile lol. ive gone back and got the part number CE14NVD11100kALV10SNP (lv10 long life 10,000 cycles). shoot me the location of said pots you found

Last edited:
Reactions: Mt Bob
oh yes im serious. but don't take yours apart. over and over i find the different manufacturers don't go to crazy on special order items. 10% tolerance would actually be a better pot. tighter control more precise. i may make a post in the want adds for any and all control boards that are damaged so i can disect some of the more popular ones. breckwell, enviro, englander, true north, i have figured out. well i have one englander that is still kicking my ass when i pull it out of the pile lol. ive gone back and got the part number CE14NVD11100kALV10SNP (lv10 long life 10,000 cycles)
Yes,that would be a full part number,with no add ons,and a standard wiper.The listing I found only lists it as far as CE14NVD11110k,nothing more,but,if not snap in,would still work,hole spacing is the same.I will call them monday.