Ssyko Posted By Ssyko, Feb 15, 2019 at 4:24 PM

1. TechBill

TechBill
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 18, 2019
    Loc:
    Springfield
    I know I am new to this forum but have you checked with Digikey or Grainger yet?

I am an electronic engineer hobbiest and I get almost all of my stuff from Digikey, Grainger or Mouser.

2. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    Yes, I’ve been through Vimex’s Distrbutors, digikey, mouser, jameco, 1sourcecomponents. 3 Chinese companies. Most can get the ones i want but my minimum purchase is 3k of them @ $5500. My last effort is the mouser quote. I’ve delt with mouser since late 90’s so im hoping they can aquire them and keep them in stock. Then alot of people have access to the good parts without getting it inserted and broken off.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    Well Mouser was a bust. they cannot source them Under 3000 pieces minimum. Im calling it. I have been beaten. not that i couldn't find them but i can't afford them. i can get the blue ones fairly cheap. if the originals lasted 10 yrs how many times would they really need to be changed?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. bob bare

bob bare
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2013
    Loc:
    park county montana
    The India source has still not contacted me.

5. jp99

jp99
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Jan 7, 2015
    Loc:
    Ohio
    So where can you source the blue ones at? A pot you replace every couple of years is better than no pot at all.

6. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    I can get them from Vimax 150 at a time.

7. jp99

jp99
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Jan 7, 2015
    Loc:
    Ohio
    If you end up buying a batch of those I'll get some from you so I have spares.

Ssyko likes this.
  8. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    Bob when you get a chance, take a look at the Drawings section, particularly VD7,5 and VD11 and verify the measurements so i can make sure i get the right model. and they are Linear taper. Im going to order the normal cermet just not the long life.

http://www.vimex.com/tpots/techdocs/CE14-tech.pdf

9. bob bare

bob bare
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2013
    Loc:
    park county montana
    They are vd11.The numbers posted in your quotes look right to me.I see the standard cermet has same life cycles as the blue carbon,but,looks like they are readily available.I will buy 1/3 from you,if you like,for people at this end of the country.

10. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    Order was submitted today. They should get it tomorrow morning. They are the mid grade cermet pots not the long life. But they will be available soon

jp99 and Washed-Up like this.
  11. jp99

jp99
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Jan 7, 2015
    Loc:
    Ohio
    I'll definitely purchase a handful from you against future stove repairs. Let us know the details for payment, etc., when you have them.

12. bob bare

bob bare
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2013
    Loc:
    park county montana
    Cool

13. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    bump

14. jp99

jp99
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Jan 7, 2015
    Loc:
    Ohio
    So did the pots arrive?

15. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    Yep and i sent some to bob for testing. They are the cermet 100k with 10% tolerance. As soon as testing confirmation they will be available.

Washed-Up and jp99 like this.
  16. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    Bob says they tested great! PM Me for inquiries!:cool:

17. rona

rona
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Apr 2, 2008
    Loc:
    southwestern Minn
    I assume people would want three to renew a board so what are you asking for three?

18. Ssyko

Ssyko
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 6, 2017
    Loc:
    Lorraine NY
    I have to email the site owner and see where i stand on being able to sell them here or if i have to become a site sponsor. 7.50 and it is 8.00 for priority mail

bob bare and Washed-Up like this.
  19. bob bare

bob bare
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2013
    Loc:
    park county montana

20. Washed-Up

Washed-Up
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 5, 2011
    Loc:
    Kananaskis,Alberta, Canada
    I'll be in for 3 too if its possible

21. rona

rona
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Apr 2, 2008
    Loc:
    southwestern Minn
    Once you get things figured out I'd like to get three..
    Not sure what works for you back when I was selling cables etc for the Bixby Stove I gave the customer my address and they sent me a check. Then I sent what they bought., My e-mail is rahfanderson@outlook.com .