Harman Potentiometers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
i sent them a request for the exact part number. price, availability and lead time Thanks Brotha Bob

Reactions: Mt Bob
I'm just not sure the Harman pots are true linear,I wish I would have written it down,some years ago,as you know,cannot measure it "in curcuit".If Brunners was still around,he would tell us.But,the ebay thing bugs me,these cost 19 to 39 cents to make.

only othe style the could use is logarithmic and i dont know why the would use a ramp in and out. most that i have bought for other projects have been in that price range. some they use for high end volume contols are still only 2-3 bucks a piece. yes it bugs me too big time!!

only othe style the could use is logarithmic and i dont know why the would use a ramp in and out. most that i have bought for other projects have been in that price range. some they use for high end volume contols are still only 2-3 bucks a piece. yes it bugs me too big time!!
Well,there are linear,with dropouts,linear with an open,linears that drop off at each end,etc,there are many custom styles,LOL.I will remove one and measure,then we shall know.Not tonight,too lazy,board is laying on counter,will take upstairs to soldering station and do,perhaps tomorrow.

LOL OK bro. I took my meds and im gonna go vegitate in front of the boobtube.

Damn, im still waiting on 2 requests i put in yesterday. Fingers crossed. Im not giving up lol

Yes Rona thats the red one im resourcing, i want to shut down the EBay thieves. if i can get enough of them

Reactions: rona
located the elusive pot, http://www.beyondcomponents.com but they are a distributor for Vimex and bump the price up significantly. My lil electronics business is not big enough for Vimex they sell by the thousands

located the elusive pot, http://www.beyondcomponents.com but they are a distributor for Vimex and bump the price up significantly. My lil electronics business is not big enough for Vimex they sell by the thousands
Yep,I ran into the same.That design is going away,because of the size.Back when I changed mine out,on my Austroflamm,I installed high quality pots,metal cans,shafts attached,drilled holes in the mounting,so board does not need removed to adjust.Might try Asia next.

Am I beating a dead dog chasing this down? i do have a alibaba account. but man the terriffs are stupid

Am I beating a dead dog chasing this down? i do have a alibaba account. but man the terriffs are stupid
Ya,do not know how much longer I will work it,but on snowy cold days gives me something to do.Sad part is,about 2.5 years ago,was a whole box of them,on ebay(well,the cheap blue ones),for something like 40 bucks,and I did not buy them,lol was like 2k of them.

Oh,in my internet travels,I found the cheap blue ones(ACP) special order,in India(you really did not think Spain makes them?lol),1000,minimum,10 cents a piece.

No i knew they weren’t made there. But its an identifier for tracking down. I sent an Email to Leo Zou, Changzhou Kennon Electronics Co

Got another quote back today, strike 2!

=== Quote ===
Part Number : CE14NVD11100kA2020LV10SNP
Quantity : 3,000pcs min.
Unit Price $: 1.95ea.
Total Price $: 5,850.00
Lead Time : 10 weeks
Condition : Factory New
Manufacturer : ACP Vimex
10,000 cycles
============
=== Quote ===
Part Number : CE14NVD11100kA2020SNP
Quantity : 150pcs.
Unit Price $: 2.02ea.
Total Price $: 303.00
Lead Time : 5 to 8 days
Condition : New
Manufacturer : ACP Vimex
100 cycles
============

Sent a request to India,they advertise 1000 min,10 cents a piece,refound website and sent email.Probably will not hear till tomorrow,from time difference.

got my quote from beyond solutions. same as the others, its a conspiracy I tell ya!! strike 2.5.

sent another request quote to Mouser will know in 24-48 hours.

Bob check this one out PT15TD104A2020UPAM made by Piher/Amphenol

Ya,I think that is what Brunners started using recently,as the pictures on his website show a Piher.I bet gonna be special order also.India company has not contacted me back,lol.

The rep i talked to @mouser sent a request to acp. I had to send him the Pdf file for the ce14 so they could source them. I’m hoping with thier buying power it may help. If not, my brain hurts lol

The rep i talked to @mouser sent a request to acp. I had to send him the Pdf file for the ce14 so they could source them. I’m hoping with thier buying power it may help. If not, my brain hurts lol
Cool.I would buy part of a batch,from you,just to help out people.

the guy on ebay thats selling the “red” pots is a satalite sales for a large international trading co so that explains how they can do the big dollar buys.