Harman pp38+ good price?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

brianpauli

Oct 30, 2019
Granbury tX
Hello and I'm glad I found this forum. Definitely lots of great knowledge here. So I'm new to the pellet stove and I know Harmon is a really good one and there is a Harman P38 Plus on Craigslist for $295. They say the stove worked fine until they remodeled and now they don't need it. Can you please tell me if this stove is worth $295 in working condition? Also would like to know if this is a decent stove, or if it's getting too old, or whatever? And I definitely highly appreciate any info you can give me. Also would like to know if comfortbilt stoves are any good? I see a lot of them out there and it tends to be a Northern Tool or Home Depot brand. Are these just cheap Chinese junk? Thank you for your time and I appreciate any feedback. Have a great night

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191202-103002.png
    Screenshot_20191202-103002.png
    296.5 KB · Views: 374
Harman are great stoves made in Pennsylvania. They're definitely not Chinese junk. That stove for $295 makes me wonder what's wrong with it. It still sells new for a list price of $4,329 (http://www.harmanstoves.com/products/p68-pellet-stove). I wonder if the seller misplaced the decimal point.

Hello and I'm glad I found this forum. Definitely lots of great knowledge here. So I'm new to the pellet stove and I know Harmon is a really good one and there is a Harman P38 Plus on Craigslist for $295. They say the stove worked fine until they remodeled and now they don't need it. Can you please tell me if this stove is worth $295 in working condition? Also would like to know if this is a decent stove, or if it's getting too old, or whatever? And I definitely highly appreciate any info you can give me. Also would like to know if comfortbilt stoves are any good? I see a lot of them out there and it tends to be a Northern Tool or Home Depot brand. Are these just cheap Chinese junk? Thank you for your time and I appreciate any feedback. Have a great night

It's a very good price for the stove if it's operational. It does not have auto ignition but is very similar to the P43 that is still built today. It is not nor never was a $4000+ stove. The link provided above was for a P68 which is a substantially bigger stove with auto ignition.

The only stove I'm familiar with is the Harman.

It's a very good price for the stove if it's operational. It does not have auto ignition but is very similar to the P43 that is still built today. It is not nor never was a $4000+ stove. The link provided above was for a P68 which is a substantially bigger stove with auto ignition.

Oooops, yes I misspoke. That must be my dyslexia kicking in. The SciGuy is correct.

I'd say it's worth it especially if it's in working condition. I just got an old P61 for $75, needed a new combustion blower for a little over $100 but the stove is great! It's heating my house including a sun room that we could never use in the winter before. Needed cleaning up also but I enjoy doing that work. As far as auto-ignite I use my MAP gas torch and I start my stove faster than any igniter. I just turn on the stove before lighting the pellets in the burn pot to avoid smoke in the house.