Harman XXV is this OK?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swalz

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Jan 2, 2008
Newark, DE
I was cleaning my burn pot and notice this gap, never notice it before. Do I need to contact the Harman dealer?
I have been noticing more ash also.

Attachments

• P1010323.jpg
    P1010323.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 415
That definitely doesn't belong there. Here is a pic of mine for comparison.
Would call the dealer.

Attachments

• auger.jpg
    auger.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 385
tinkabranc said:
That definitely doesn't belong there. Here is a pic of mine for comparison.
Would call the dealer.

Thats what I was afraid of, now I am going to have to fight to get it fixed. The stove shop that I bought mine from no longer sells them so hopefully the new dealer here will come out and fix under warrenty.

If they won't fix it under warranty ,I would try a little jb weld. It wouldn't hurt to try. Go easy scraping the pot around the repair. Sharpen the tool that came with the stove and stay away from the hammer and screwdrivers that some use.

Looks like the dealer is going to help me out, they are sending the pics to Harman to see what they want to do. Also when I went on the Harman site and looked up dealers in my area there are 12 listed, I guess they are doing away with only buying from a dealer in your territory. :question:

Wife not happy that the pellet stove is not working, she missing the heat and it is raining and cold. :mad:

Stove is going to be down to they fix it, hope it doesn't take too long. At least oil is cheap right now and i just got done fixing the boiler, new pump, expansion tank, flow control valve, new valves and pressure relief valve. :-S

Status
Not open for further replies.