Harman XXV problem since installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I appoligise for being a bit rude, earlier. Yep,bad noise.Only 2 possibilities, room or exhaust blower.Should be able to figure out with the back opened up. The room blower would be quite obvious. You said he replaced the "white" fan,have no idea what you are speaking of. Anyway,on the exhaust(combustion) blower,it could be the impeller is too far in,or too far out,and is enough movement,after heating up,it rubs/noise.BUT,there is a cooling fan blade on the combustion blower,hard to see. It is only lightly pressed onto the shaft,and could be coming loose after things warm up,making this type of noise.Best i can do,right now.Best of luck.

Reactions: tbear853
I appoligise for being a bit rude, earlier. Yep,bad noise.Only 2 possibilities, room or exhaust blower.Should be able to figure out with the back opened up. The room blower would be quite obvious. You said he replaced the "white" fan,have no idea what you are speaking of. Anyway,on the exhaust(combustion) blower,it could be the impeller is too far in,or too far out,and is enough movement,after heating up,it rubs/noise.BUT,there is a cooling fan blade on the combustion blower,hard to see. It is only lightly pressed onto the shaft,and could be coming loose after things warm up,making this type of noise.Best i can do,right now.Best of luck.
With the new T/C stoves they dont use the fan motor we are used to. It is a cannon ball shaped motor. No visible fan blades on the back that I have seen. Test mode on the T/C lets you turn each motor on independently and ramp the speed up and down. But I do agree that the P series are better designed for function and the XXV is focused on looks. My least favorite Harman is the Accentra FS then the XXV.

Any update on this ? So there was another thread, similar noise on a Harman stove. Ended up being combustion motor fan blades rubbing.

Mark - I appreciate your patience as we work through this one. The blower plate & fan assembly was built, inspected and shipped to your dealer with FedEx Tracking Number 175374677671, delivered today. Please reach out to them if they haven't already contacted you already. And let me know if issues persist after installation or additional help is needed, we will make sure you're happy with your XXV-TC.

-Corie

Mark - I appreciate your patience as we work through this one. The blower plate & fan assembly was built, inspected and shipped to your dealer with FedEx Tracking Number 175374677671, delivered today. Please reach out to them if they haven't already contacted you already. And let me know if issues persist after installation or additional help is needed, we will make sure you're happy with your XXV-TC.

-Corie

Thanks Corie.
The dealer tech is due to arrive late afternoon to install the part.
I will keep you updated.

Mark.

This sounds very similar to the Absolute 43 noise that was posted the other day. Both videos sound the same. He got it fixed by the dealer - it was a tweaked combustion fan.

Reactions: Ssyko
Well, it's been 72 hours and she's purring away :):)
Harman provided a full combustion fan assembly.
The dealer installed this on 12/23 and waited a couple of hours to ensure everything was fine - which it is!

Hopefully that's the end of this miserable saga.
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.
If you know of anyone experiencing similar issues - please reach out to me.

Happy New Year, stay safe and have fun,
Mark