Harmon 51i warped medallion

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
This may help

SO you know it slides up and then you pull the bottom out first?
If so,and it will not go up, I guess you could try a hammer and punch to tap it up,then pry it out.
If fails can always cut it with a dire grinder or dremel.

Yes, I know how it is supposed to come out, it just won't. I bought the house with the stove in it, and when they came to service it last summer, unfortunately I couldn't be here when it was done, but he left a message that the medallion was warped, and they eventually shipped me another one. I watched the video, and as I say, it doesn't slide up.
I have used some amount of force, but didn't want to break anything lol...
Guess I might have to resort to that...

Not a new thing, others have had this issue.Thing is, it is cast and would likely crack or break before anything else. Here's some more info-
Harman Accentra cast iron medallion with decorative compass for the Harman Accentra Insert, Accentra 52i, and the Accentra 52i-TC.

This part is considered sacrificial and does need to be replaced about every 5-8 years. Signs of wear are discoloring metal (mahogany color), warping, or cracking. Always change the flame guide if you are changing the medallion as they are codependent for a proper fit.

• Always replace the flame guide, part # 3-00-03000, when replacing the medallion as they are codependent for a proper fit
  • The Accentra 52i and the Accentra 52i-TC have had several burnpot revisions to help correct an over firing problem that existed since the redesign from the original Accentra Insert. This problem is noted by a "melting" of the medallion, a hot spot (gray discoloring) in the center of the door glass and a warping or bending of the flame guide. If your Accentra 52i has these all of these conditions you would want to consider replacing the burnpot part 1-00-574605, flame guide, part 3-00-03000 and the door glass, part 1-00-677000. These are bundled together in our 'Frequently Bought Together" below. These links are for the OEM parts, the 'FBT' are the aftermarket collection which is substantially cheaper.

Reactions: Washed-Up