Harmon burns too high

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

5xchamps

Feb 12, 2017
Mass
I am in my 2nd season with a Harmon p35i. In warmer Temps (32 or so) I will run the stove on room temperature. Once it gets colder,I like to have it on stove temperature so that it doesn't start and stop all day. But this year, I am noticing that on stove temp, I can't get it to burn low enough. Feed rate is on 4. Temp dial is all the way down. I live in a split, the outside temp is in 20s and the house is 74. I don't need 74 and it is burning a bag a day. Last year I know that I was able to get a lower burn. Is it possible that the esp has anything to do with this?

The ESP controls everything on stove temp. Is it clean?

.... etc .... I live in a split, the outside temp is in 20s and the house is 74. I don't need 74 and it is burning a bag a day.

:confused: Wow!

It was just that maintaining 74 inside when outside was 20 with just 1 bag a day is like "WOW" good.

It was a friendly jest.

I was unable to help much with the ESP deal.

I will look at that. Thanks
The esp was caked with ash . Running much better now. House around 69 and probably burning about 2lbs per hour on lowest setting. The guy that did the instal last year told me that I would be able to go as low as 1pound per hour but I have never achieved that

Reactions: bogieb