Harmon or Regency Pellet Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N_Blueth

Jan 19, 2014
Virginia
Pinging the forums to see if anyone has opinions on one pellet insert over the other. I'm going to buy either the Harmon 52i or Regency GCi60. I"m leaning towards Harmon because of the dual fans.

Pinging the forums to see if anyone has opinions on one pellet insert over the other. I'm going to buy either the Harmon 52i or Regency GCi60. I"m leaning towards Harmon because of the dual fans.
Don't forget the slide out rail kit for cleaning with the Harman...

Bringing in the pros for install. I'm just doing the finish work. I was told the finish needs to be done before the unit is installed. Sound right?

I have owned my Harman Accentra since 08 and this week I had the first problem. Burning 24/7 through each winter. Bearing in the combustion blower seized and the stove put itself out. I heard it squeak at times and then it would quit so it did gave me notice. . They are very reliable and pretty much bullet proof if you do your part. One other thing. Get use to spelling Harmon with an a instead of o. These guys will get all over you. hths

Last edited:
smiley-laughing001.gif

The GCI60 also has a service rail kit available as well as dual fans if you are referring to separate combustion and convection fans. I can think of only one manufacturer that uses one fan for both functions and I would steer you clear away from that unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.