Has anyone compared Independence to Green Team?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmountvernon

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2011
SE Mass
searched to see mixed reviews on independence but i found a deal on them i know they are sister pellet to potomac but dont know much about those either

guess im trying to find out which burn hotter and how much hotter

I have tested both Potomac and GT's. GT's have a bit more heat and the Potomac's had quiet a bit less ash. If you need the heat and can deal with more ash go with teh GT's. Assuming the price is about the same. Got to figure the dollar factor in as well. If the Independence are cheapier? You can crank them up some to get the same heat for the dollar spent.

Keep us posted if you do try some in the cold spell we're having?

I have tested both Potomac and GT's. GT's have a bit more heat and the Potomac's had quiet a bit less ash. If you need the heat and can deal with more ash go with teh GT's. Assuming the price is about the same. Got to figure the dollar factor in as well. If the Independence are cheapier? You can crank them up some to get the same heat for the dollar spent.

Keep us posted if you do try some in the cold spell we're having?
About the same price but gotta travel and manually load then unload/restack
i was gonna offer 150
guess ill hold out for the GT and hope they drop if i can catch it , the 65$ delivery fee is a no brainer if your gonna hit it hard. Thx Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.