has anyone had to rebuild a woodstock Progress Hybrid

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

georgepds

Minister of Fire
Nov 25, 2012
Hi

Nope.. I'm not having a problem

Yet I keep hearing of the need to rebuild stoves on this forum. Makes me wonder if anyone has had to rebuild their woodstock PH

--G

I keep hearing of the need to rebuild stoves

Look at the type of stove. Usually it's cast iron bolted together stoves that need to be rebuilt as the gaskets/goop between the chunks of plate fall out. Welded steel stoves should never need to be rebuilt. Have you ever heard of someone needing to rebuild a Woodstock? Any Woodstock? I haven't.

Still most likely too early in the Progress Hybrid line to even be considering a rebuild. I've watched a YouTube video on it. It does not look too difficult. Take a look at this video. It shows the glass replacement which entails taking some of the stove apart.

Rebuild? No, but this 4th season will replace a few gaskets. I do clean it annually and have made a few copper pipes then attach it to the vac to get deep into the nooks and crannies. A side note, I have a back up cat ready to go but so far no indication that it is needed.

Progress is a steel stove covered in stone. Probably not much needed other than gaskets.