Hauled Locust Home

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Firefighter938

Feeling the Heat
Dec 25, 2014
Central Indiana
image.jpeg

It was a nice day today so I drove to my parents house and moved 1/3 cord of black locust home. It's been c/s/s for over 2 years. There was also some redbud and cherry with it that were standing dead next to it when I was cutting.

This is going to be mixed with some beech and red elm when the cold weather gets here.

Good deal. Burning some 2 yr CSS locust right now. Find it's especially good w/ an already hot stove and some coals.

Great load of locust. My favorite wood by far. Is that your wood piled in rounds in the back round? I never stack "rounds" that need to be split.

Yes, those are my piles and rounds. I normally don't stack in the round. There are times when I do fence rows and need to get massive amounts of wood out before it gets burned in a huge pile. I just stack it until I can get it split.

Yes, those are my piles and rounds. I normally don't stack in the round. There are times when I do fence rows and need to get massive amounts of wood out before it gets burned in a huge pile. I just stack it until I can get it split.
I here you on getting them out...A guy over here has a excavating business and would call to let you know when to cut...it is always a short time frame.

Nice haul best firewood in my opinion. Been burning three to four year seasoned locust great wood just need a good coal base to keep it going. Plus if you don't need it if it's not that cold the stuff lasts forever.

Reactions: D8Chumley
Got cha

Can't go wrong with black locust! Especially if it's been seasoning for a couple of years!

nice load! I just bucked up another 1/2 cord of locust for a few years down the line!