Have a Question about a Mongomery Ward wood burner..

Drjolly Posted By Drjolly, Jan 11, 2006 at 8:34 PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drjolly

    New Member 2.

    Jan 11, 2006
    I purchased this used and the label on the back has been torn off, however the blower box has a label wich says that this blower (article # 74-21546M) is to be used with article number 74-21545R, which I assume is the stove's number. I cannot find any information on this stove such as what parts to use with it in installation. I have some 8"/9" triple wall venting and some 8" single wall, however the triple wall is labelled to be used with heatilator stoves and is from Vega Industries, Inc. out of Syracuse, NY.. Can I use these ventilation parts or are they simply not compatible? It appears as though they will sit on top of my stove just fine and/or attach to the single wall peices.
    Any answers would be appreciated and even more so if emailed to me at oldhumphrey@yahoo.com

    Thank you!!
  2. elkimmeg

    Guest 2.

    Before you put a lot of time and money into the stove, It's time to pay the building inspector a visit. All the questions
    you are asking should be directed to him. After all he is the one that will either approve it or reject it. In my Town If you had asked before purchase, I would have told you not to bother with the purchase. This is taken from national code. All appliances have to be labled and listed. All wood stoves have to be UL certified. Really the inspector is not trying to rain on your parade, He is doing his job, trying to protect you and the public. There is a reason our government steped in to regulate wood stoves. To insure they met minium safety standards. Who knows if these unlabled un listed stoves are safe to put back in opperation? Your insurance company will require a certificate of inspections or compliance and also request the UL listing. If one were concerned about the enviorment,
    they would never consider installing the pollutting smoke belching beast back into service. Many state have established Rebate or tax credit programs to get them out of service and reduce the pollution. These same state require only EPA approved stove can be installed
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page