have all ever seen a "lighted" double switch?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jeanw

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Sep 23, 2008
ky
Guy at elec supply house said they don't make such a thing.... We had a lighted single switch Hubby installed last year. But the light was out past the walkway by the driveway.
It was bad for me cause no light was shining on the kitchen stoop. So he installed a "porch light "right outside the kitchen doorway. But no space in the electrical box for two seperate switches. So he went with the double vertical switch. I miss the lighted switch. It let me know that I had left on the driveway post lights.. wasting electricity. thank yall

Yup Home Depot has them on the shelf.
hopefully can check out soon. no HD are around here. Do you have an item number? checked website could only find "light almond"
he got the double switch but its not "lighted"t. the double switches are stacked in one configuration Stacked vertically
not side by side>>>> They or it controls two separate outdoor lights but its does show in the dark the one list blow form the Home Depot website

Attachments

• light-almond-leviton-switches-r56-05224-2ts-64_1000.jpg
    light-almond-leviton-switches-r56-05224-2ts-64_1000.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
You could also install a new box and use regular lighted switches.
no room... Naw he won't do that its on a short not wide wall and no room.. and Im lucky he even did what he did in this never ending maintenance who know what shapes the walls I mean studs are in. Hate to open more cans of worms, in this Jury rigged house.:mad:
Oh read the review on the above mentioned Leviton switch on Amazon It was stated only the center of the switch is illuminated

Last edited:
How about a small indicator light that only gets power when you power the circuit?

You can pick up a small 120v led indicator light for a few dollars.

How about using motion detector lights out there, and going back to the one lighted switch in the box?