Have an Issue with my Enviro Maxx-1

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pshea2

Jan 13, 2013
Hello all, I have an issue with my stove shutting down and was wondering if anyone else here has had the same problem?

It is installed in my finished basement, with no fresh intake as they don't work well in my damp climate and I do have plenty of air flow. The Exhaust is cleanout T to 4' rise to 90 deg and straight out. I am burning a premium pellet from Kent building supplies. The stove has been running for three months now and cleaned out every week, that being said it was run the first two months only on the # one setting...( when in position one the convection fan do not run and it seems more like a raidiant heat). Anyhow the other day I ran the stove on the #5 top setting for about three hours as we had a storm coming and I wanted to warm up the house in case of power loss, this is the first time I have ran the unit on high for longer than 10 min.
Anyhow ever since the power has come back the unit keeps shutting off and I am thinking the power outtage fried the circuit board somehow...
It will go into startup mode and fire up and run for 12 min and than the auger light with come on with no auger action. I did all the test by bypassing the Exhaust sensor, High temp sensor and Vacuum sensor, it will keep going with the vacuum sensor disconnected, but I think there is another problem causing it to trip that.
I removed the exhaust sensor and set it up with my meter and tested it, that works like it is suppose to, as well I did the same with the high temp sensor and that works like it is suppose to. I also checked the vacuum passage and that was as clean as a whistle. I than checked my voltage's accross the combustion fan, that also checked out perfect.

I am wondering if someone knows something that I havent checked, or has dealt with this before.

Thank You
Paul

Just curious if you have a surge protector on your stove?

The control should flash one of the heat level lights and you can look in the manual to see what the cause is. Hook up everything as it should be and post what light flashes.

Unfortunately I don't have a surge protector on that unit. It was flashing #3 code for open exhaust temp. Now that being said I gave the stove a very good cleaning and noticed behind the plate in the fire box , there was a lot of buildup. It has been running now for about and hour really good. I will update if it keeps working well or if it shuts down again. I notice the buildup is gone now as well.

Ok, so the update thus far is a good one. Since the very intense cleaning the stove is producing a far better heat again as well there is no buildup in the burn pot. I have had it running on level 2 now for five hours and just cut it back to level 1 to see if it would want to shut down and everything is good.
So slap on the wrist for me as I thought I was doing a good job at keeping it clean. But that being said three months and needing a cleaning like that must mean that these pellets burn a little dirty and running the stove in position 1 really messes it up.

So I am just wondering if anyone with this same stove could tell me if it is normal for the convection fan to not be running in the #1 position?

Cheers everyone and Thank you for the quick replys

Paul

So I am just wondering if anyone with this same stove could tell me if it is normal for the convection fan to not be running in the #1 position?

Paul

Yes, They list "0" voltage output for the convection blower on heat range 1. With the massive heat exchanger it will radiate enough heat to keep the stove cool enough. I'll dig up the tech list if you need me too?

That would be awesome, the more info I have the better. Thank You very Much jtakeman, you help is much appriciated.

Cheers
Paul

quote="jtakeman, post: 1334352, member: 9179"]Yes, They list "0" voltage output for the convection blower on heat range 1. With the massive heat exchanger it will radiate enough heat to keep the stove cool enough. I'll dig up the tech list if you need me too?[/quote]

Info can be found in the service manual here:

http://www.enviro.com/images/manual...C-12145 Instruction PELLET Service Manual.pdf

Here is the list I mentioned.

Enviro specs.jpg

Attachments

• Enviro specs.jpg
    Enviro specs.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 123
Status
Not open for further replies.