Having problems with the Breckwell P22 pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As mentioned above I cleaned the hell out of the stove today with compressed air and an ash vac. I replaced the ignitor about 3 years ago. How long should they last? I would think laonger than that. How do you clean inside the combustion fan?

As mentioned above I cleaned the hell out of the stove today with compressed air and an ash vac. I replaced the ignitor about 3 years ago. How long should they last? I would think laonger than that. How do you clean inside the combustion fan?

I take my combustion fan out every ton or so and you are close to the end of your igniter's life if the stove has been cycled a lot.

Thank so much to all of you who contributed information. I seem to for now have the ignition issue solved. I do stil beleive the convection blower needs replacing. it turns extremely slow during the ignition cycle. Once ignition cycle has ended (red light stops bllinking) I adjust the feed rate and can hear the fam speed some up but it still doesnt sound quite right. I have also smelled the electrical burning smell. The stove is going through all of its cycles fine just that the convection fan turns slower. Since the stove is about 7- years old my thought is I need to break down and buy a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.