"HD" Insert - Recommendations Please!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your hybrid-fyre stove looks to have firebox dimensions of around 24.5" Wide by 14.5 " Deep of taking about a 24" long split loading East West side to side loading or 14" long Splits loading North South.

If you buy your wood might be hard to maximize a full load of wood as 16 to 18" splits are common size for wood cutters. Hopefully you can cut your own wood or find a wood supplier that cuts 20" Splits. Hopefully you can find seasoned wood this time of year as these newer type stoves wont burn with higher than specified wood moisture. You need 20% or less.

I have a small supply but not near enough to get us through the rest of winter. I was looking out for bio blocks/logs but I can't find any available around here (Denver, CO). If anyone knows of a supplier of good, dry wood or bio blocks, please let me know!

Still looking for guidance on what temperature rating the in-fireplace electrical outlet should be - can't find anything on-line.

Status
Not open for further replies.