New England (MA, CT, ME, NH, VT, RI) HD, Plantsville, CT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skier76

Minister of Fire
Apr 14, 2009
CT and SoVT
They had two skids of Stove Chow in the garden center earlier today. I grabbed a few bags for $5.19 each. I asked the lady at the Garden Center check out if they had skids for delivery and she said to check inside; there may be a waiting list. 1 ton was $240.

Now doing some fairly simple math, buying them by the bag is $259 per ton. Is that what you typically save by the ton? About $20 vs buying individual bags? Forgive me, I'm new. My stove will be installed in two weeks.

$10 - $20 per ton is probably about the norm savings wise. I buy tonage vs bags so I have an on hand supply and don't have to scramble every few weeks to find more.

Cool, thanks for letting me know. I won't feel so bad if I buy a bunch of bags vs ordering a whole ton.

Wallyworld depot at the same price for Stove Chow bags. They had a bunch of skids as well according to the guy in the Garden Center. They had another brand as well (no individual bags) Heat-ers IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.